What is HydraFacial™?
The HydraFacial™ treatment is a new breakthrough in aesthetic technology. It takes its name from the root word Hydrate; “to cause to take up moisture”. This ability to moisturize the skin separates the HydraFacial™ from all other skin resurfacing procedures. The HydraFacial™ treatment removes dead skin cells and extracts impurities while simultaneously bathing the new skin with cleansing, hydrating and moisturizing serums. The treatment is soothing, refreshing, non-irritating and immediately effective.
Why is HydraFacial™ good for my skin?
Hydration is the foundation of healthy, radiant skin. Irritation of the skin has been proven to increase signs of aging. The HydraFacial™ is a hydrating and non-irritating treatment.
Am I a candidate for this treatment?
The HydraFacial™ treatment is designed for all skin types. Even the most sensitive skin easily tolerates the HydraFacial™ treatment. Your physician or skincare professional may choose specific treatment serums and/or customize the treatment for your unique skin conditions and needs. Consult your physician or skincare professional for a skin evaluation and sensitivity test.
How long does the treatment take? Is there any downtime or pain involved?
The HydraFacial™ treatment is a fast, efficient treatment that takes as little as 15 minutes. The treatment is often described as a feeling like “a cool paintbrush moving over the face”. You may put on make-up and return to your normal activities right after the treatment since there is no downtime.
What results may be expected? How many treatments are needed to see results? How long do the results last?
Many people report seeing visible skin refinement and an even, radiant skin tone after just one treatment. The smooth results and hydration may last 5 to 7 days or even longer. 1 treatment per month is recommened for improving the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, oily and congested skin. Continued HydraFacial™ treatments are highly recommended to maintain results.
How Does It Work?
The HydraFacial™ uses a unique five-step approach.
1. Vortex-Cleaning™ – The patented HydroPeel® tip hydrates the skin with a nutrient-rich solution that deeply cleanses the pores and softens and lifts away impurities.
2. HydroPeel® Exfoliation – The HydroPeel® tip uses its multiple abrasive edges to exfoliate the skin several times with each pass to achieve better, more even skin resurfacing without irritation.
3. Painless Vortex-Extraction™ – The vortex (powerful circulation of liquid) effect easily dislodges and removes blackheads, whiteheads, and sebum for quick and painless extractions.
4. Vortex-Fusion™ of Antioxidants – The unique spiral tip employs a patented method for infusing hydrating skin solutions and potent antioxidants into the skin, improving the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, oily skin, and hyperpigmentation.
5. LED Light Therapy – Light therapy provides additional benefits after the HydraFacial™ treatment. LED light therapy uses specific types of light, which give off energy that stimulates your cells, thereby increasing your skin’s production of collagen and elastin. In turn, your skin becomes firmer, less wrinkled and younger looking. The treatment’s red LED light helps improve the appearance of skin firmness and resilience, while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and other signs of aging. The blue LED light is extremely beneficial for people who suffer from oily skin or breakouts. And the combination of red and blue LED lights is helpful in reducing the appearance of rosacea.
Free Radicals & The Role of Antioxidants
Every day we are exposed to the elements – stress, pollution, toxins, and most importantly, sunlight. These are known as free radicals, and they are the root of skin damage and aging. Free radicals destroy the chemical makeup of our skin cells, preventing them from functioning properly, causing our skin to deteriorate. The most natural defense against free radical damage is antioxidants – they neutralize free radicals, restoring and protecting skin from damage. Antioxidants can be found in vitamins like A and E, or in plant extracts like white tea, rosemary, and horse chestnut seed. Antioxidants are vital in the pursuit for healthy skin. This is why the HydraFacial™ is so important – not only does it remove surface damage such as dead skin cells and impurities, but it also replenishes the skin with antioxidants through Vortex-Fusion®, the most advanced application of nutrients to the skin.